McAfee Coupon Code, McAfee Total Protection 2017 Coupon Codes and Special Promo Discounts
HALLOWEEN! PROMO! 67% Off McAfee Total Protection 2017 click here
NEW! 50% Off McAfee Internet Security 2017 click here
NEW! 60% Off McAfee Antivirus 2017 click here
67% Off McAfee Total Protection 2016 click here
60% Off McAfee Antivirus Plus 2016 click here
50% Off McAfee All Access 2016 click here
50% Off McAfee Total Protection 2016 click here
50% Off McAfee Internet Security 2016 click here
McAfee Total Protection 2017 Review
How to download McAfee Total Protection?
- Visit McAfee website -> downloads -> free trials, scroll down the page and under the desired antivirus software click Try Now
- Then you will be prompted to enter credentials in order to create account
- Visit e-mail address you used to create the account and follow the link. You will be redirected to your account where you will have a download link for antivirus software.
1 year license for 3 PCs
McAfee Total Protection review, step-by-step guide how to restore files and free software download.
Powered by Digital River
Contact Digital River
+1 (952) 253-1234
+1 (952) 674-4444
Digital River, Inc.
9625 W 76th Street
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
As you can see there is 2 GB of free online storage on your account, if you want to use unlimited space of online storage you should use Upgrade option next to it. McAfee Online Backup is powered by Mozy backup and can be used to save Microsoft Outlook emails, contacts, data, photos and all this in unlimited size.
Step-by-step example how to restores files to your PC from the Online Backup details page (files should be smaller than 20 Gb):
Restore your files even if you don't have the McAfee Online Backup client installed on your PC using web restore. Web restore can also be used if your files are lost in a PC disaster and you need to restore all your files to a new PC.
1. Click Web Restore on the Online Backup Details page.
2. Choose the time and date of the backup from which you want to restore files.
3. Check the drives, folders or files you want to restore.
4. Click Continue.
Check the guide how to restore the files with McAfee (4 different ways).
I would also recommend you to see McAfee Online backup step-by-step user guide.
Before actual install the software will make a quick system check for known threats and ask you to enter the e-mail address and the password you used to create an account.
What is new in McAfee Total Protection 2017?
- Anti-bot Protection. The McAfee antivirus blocks hidden software’s attempt to connect your computer to the Internet and send unwanted information to a criminal;
- USB drive scan. The software checks external USB drives and flash drives for known threats, viruses, Trojans and malicious soft before the PC actually recognize the device;
- Preinstall scan. Before actual install the software will make a quick scan of the system for viruses and threats. I found this new option very helpful as your PC may already contain a virus which can make the installation process incomplete or lead to software malfunction;
- Surf report. This is a report you can use to know the following information - total online time, attempts to visit unwanted websites, logins time;
- Social network protection. You can share interesting links with your friends and be sure that these links are safe websites or pages, in case the link is treated as a dangerous website or a page the recipient will be warned.
- URL shortener. The embedded url shortener utility will make a long link short. Simple and very useful.
McAfee Total Protection 2017 system usage
I have found at least 3 McAfee processes (mcshield.exe, mcods.exe and mcagent.exe) which took about 40 Mb of memory usage in summary. When I started the full system scan the rates increased to about 58 Mb and 5 minutes after it was already 150 Mb. I think this is acceptable for the up-to-date PC, besides I could run other applications without the system slow down.
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit) and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- High-speed Internet connection
- Internet Explorer 6 and above
- Chrome and Firefox 2.0 and above
According to independent antivirus tests (av-test) McAfee Total Protection gained the following scores:
- Protection score 4.5 out of 6.0
- Repair score 3.0 out of 6.0
- Usability score 5.0 out of 6.0
Note: The platform used Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit). The test took place in November - December 2011.
In summary this is an average result and the winners from this test are Kaspersky, Bitdefender and Symantec companies. To tell the truth I wouldn’t give 5 score for usability as this measure is worse in comparison with e.g. Bitdefender Total Security 2012 or Kaspersky Pure. Overall the software is pretty fast during the full time scan and doesn’t slow down the system.
Check video overview of McAfee Total Protection
Like this review? Share it with your friends!