83) Error while installation of Acronis software "not a valid Win32 application".
Corrupted installation file.
Download installation file once again. You can download it from your account after registration.
84) Remote computer can't be connected by DNS name.
On the computer with the Acronis Management Console (from which you are trying to do the remote installations) please edit %windows%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file and add the following string:
(where IP_ADDRESS_OF_AGENT is the ip address of the problem computer where you want to install the agent remotely; and DNS_NAME_OF_AGENT is its DNS name).
85) Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Errors Out with "MAPI (MAPIX or CDO) is not installed".
- You run Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Management Console;
- In the main window of the Management Console you Connect to a remote computer that has Microsoft Exchange Server 2007;
- Once connected, you choose one of the following:
Back Up Information Store
Back Up Mailboxes
- Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange fails with the following error message:
MAPI (MAPIX or CDO) is not installed
Microsoft Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 are not installed.
Install Microsoft Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on the machine with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (link).
86) Backup to tape drives "Failed to open the file for read 262,161".
- First eject your tapes.
- Then rebuild the RSM database (remove the tapes from the tape drive first):
1. Go to Start -> Run -> services.msc
2. Locate and stop the Removable Storage service.
3. Start Windows Explorer, open the 26ystemRoot%\System32\Ntmsdata folder, and then rename the existing files in this folder so that they have an .old file extension, or move the files to a different folder.
4. Make sure that Removable Storage service startup type set to 'Automatic'.
- Delete the below file:
\Program files\Common Files\Acronis\Fomatik\tape_archives.fdb
Then restart the computer. When the Removable Storage service starts, it will create a new RSM database.
Insert your tapes (they will go to 'Import' pool and should have new GUIDs assigned) and then move them to the 'Free' pool. All the tape backups should be working normally from now on.
87) Microsoft Office error after restore with Acronis full drive backup.
The reason of the problem is that Acronis True Image has default exclusion list when backing up in Windows (*.bak, *.~, *.tmp). After restore MS Office will ask for the installation CD because it stores some registration information in *.bak files. The solution is to back up the system partition without these exclusions.
Acronis error codes, solutions and workarounds
(if you haven't found an error and solution check our web site in a day or two, the list is always renewed).
Note: latest versions of Acronis True Image programs have numerous fixes and overall stability improvements. Using the latest version of Acronis software fixes the issues in most cases. Check Acronis Upgrade versions from our online store.
Errors and solutions: "not a valid Win32 application", Remote computer can't be connected by DNS name, "MAPI (MAPIX or CDO) is not installed".
360 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL, 60601-3805, USA
Share Acronis solutions with your friends!