6) When you create backup in Backup Location you receive the error message Disk is full.
Currently Acronis True Image 11 Home has the following algorithm for maintaining quotas:
Backup management is performed by either consolidating incremental/differential backups that belong to the same backup chain or by deleting the archives that violate quota limit if the consolidation is not possible.
When Acronis True Image 11 Home consolidates the archives, it actually creates a new archive, associates it with the rest of the chain and then deletes the original archives. Therefore, consolidation requires some time to be competed. Of course, creating new archive requires some space, which is actually nearly equal to the size of the original archives being consolidated.
Therefore set the size quota along with the quantity quotas so that some space will still be reserved for consolidation. To optimize the disk space utilization I recommend you that the extra free space size will be nearly equal to the amount of the original data that is set to be backed up to the backup location.
7) Slow Backup/Recovery from Local Hard Disk in Windows
* Backup or recovery is unwarrantably slow
* Data transfer speed does not exceed the 5 MB/Sec limit
* Processor usage goes up to 100% during the operation and overall system performance decreases
Most likely the data transfer mode for the hard disk controller is set to PIO instead of DMA.
* DMA: Direct memory access is a feature of modern computers that allows hardware subsystems within the computer to access system memory for reading and/or writing independently of the CPU. Hence, higher performance.
* PIO: Programmed Input-Output is an older and more simple data transfer mode that makes the CPU engage in any data transaction. Hence, slower performance.
Do the following to enable DMA mode using Device Manager:
1. Open Device Manager (Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager).
2. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if Available if the current setting is "PIO Only."
8) When you create Acronis Secure Zone you receive error:
E000A03EE: Unable to get volume for the letter file
Cannot reboot Windows you might not have enough privileges to reboot.
Click Start -> Run -> Regedit.
Right-click in the value field of the registry key and select New -> Multi-String Value. Create BootExecute (TYPE: REG_MULTI_SZ).
Registry key: HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
Value: BootExecute (TYPE: REG_MULTI_SZ)
9) When you install full version it still shows as trial.
To resolve the issue do the following:
1. Completely uninstall the program (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs. Select Acronis True Image and hit "Remove".
2. Reboot the computer.
3. Make sure that there is no other Acronis software at your system. If there is any, temporally uninstall it.
4. - Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).
- Find the following branch:
Make right-click on it and select Delete.
5. Reboot the computer.
6. Try to install the full version from the scratch
360 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL, 60601-3805, USA
Errors and solutions: "disk is full", slow backup/recovery, "E000A03EE: Unable to get volume for the letter file", full version shows trial version.
Acronis error codes, solutions and workarounds
(if you haven't found an error and solution check our web site in a day or two, the list is always renewed).
Note: latest versions of Acronis True Image programs have numerous fixes and overall stability improvements. Using the latest version of Acronis software fixes the issues in most cases. Check Acronis Upgrade versions from our online store.
Share Acronis solutions with your friends!